I was tagged in a post by sainttaco (follow her tumblr!) about which shows fall into your top ten tv shows. Here I go!
1. Game of Thrones - I Winterfell in love with this show but was late to the party. After three episodes I was hooked. HOOKED I tell you. I binge watched season after season and then started rewatching them. I am from the House of Stark and one day we will rule all of Westeros. Unless Khaleesi has her way. Or the Lannisters. Or the Whitewalkers. We’ll see. Filming for season five is currently underway!
2. House of Cards - What is it about this show? It’s so, so good…and evil. I think it’s brilliant the way Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) speaks directly to the camera. That way he’s confiding something in you. I think that’s how you get sucked in. And Claire (Robin Wright) moves like a gazelle and you can’t take your eyes off of her, yet she is twisted and their relationship is so freaking complicated. And even though I know this is a drama, I can’t help but believe that on some level, it’s maybe a little bit more based on reality than not. Just a feeling. The title of this show is spot on. Bring on season three!
3. Modern Family - I can see my family and our interactions and misadventures every time I see this show. Shows that make you laugh out loud and cry every now and then - that’s a good show. Great casting and well written.
4. The Newsroom - Amazing. I absolutely love this show and I’m devastated that the final season is just a month away. Aaron Sorkin did a fabulous job with this show and I’m going to have serious withdrawals. Sloan Sabbith is the coolest character on that show. Watch this show - you won’t be disappointed.
5. The Amazing Race - I’ve watched every season of this show and it always delivers and makes me want to travel the globe. This show compels you to figure out who you would partner with if you had the opportunity to be on the show. I’m still not sure who I would race with because that person would have to eat all the gross stuff and bungee jump off of high structures. Because I won’t.
6. Saturday Night Live - An American treasure that gets to reinvent itself with new cast members and writers each year. Don Pardo, you will be missed.
7. True Detective - So it might be risky to put this in my top ten based on one season and knowing that the characters, story and setting will be different next season. But I loved this show. I hope Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson collaborate on something again. Not rolling a doobie collaboration btw.
8. Law & Order SVU - So I’m really talking about the era of Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler. There’s a gazillion episodes and I’ve seen each one three times, but I keep watching. Good stuff.
9. Seinfeld - I can’t go through an entire day without making a Seinfeld reference. Soup Nazi. See, there I go.
10. American Idol - I definitely think this show is spiraling slowly out of existence, but I have enjoyed each season.
Feel free to tag yourself and post your favorites!